The "REDD+ at project scale: Evaluation and Development Guide" aims at supporting project promoters in developing REDD+ projects, and investors or funding agencies in their assessments of these projects. It offers insights into existing tools and key questions. On the basis of initial feedbacks from existing REDD+ projects and other more long-standing projects for natural resources management, the guide also deals with crucial aspects particularly the definition of project activities, legal and organisational issues and economic and financial assessments.
The following are the different parts of the guide-book:
- What is meant by REDD+ at project scale ?
- Determining the profile and strategy of a REDD+ project,
- Ownership of REDD+ carbon credits and how this can affect the project's organizational structure,
- Specific methodologies for REDD+ projects,
- Assessment and certification of the social and environmental impacts of REDD+ projects,
- Financial and economic assessment of REDD+ projects,
Download the guide - English version
Télécharger le guide - version française
The Spanish translation of the guide will be ready in April 2011